Monday, May 28, 2012

Gloucester, Massachussetts


The Eastern Point Crew gathers for a freindly photo op.


Gloucester has several claims to fame including being the oldest seaport in the US,
 and as the setting for book and the film of the Perfect Storm.


I recently performed in the historic city of Gloucester. I was at the Eastern Point Day School which is located near a beach where you can see Boston in the distance. The school itself is in a fabulous old house situated above a huge rock formation. I wish I could have gone to school in such a setting. The kids, parents, and teachers were maRRRvelous. Special Seafarin' Salutations to Michelle, and especailly Tami!

I was able to tour the city (actually I was lost). While naviagting my way to Eastern Point, I observed that Gloucester is a working seaport... with plenty of  places to get fried calms. There are mansions beside the sea, Cape-style houses, and Colonial-era buildings - all along winding lanes - which makes it it chock full o' charm.

If you haven't been to this Cape Ann city on the North Shore, I would highly suggest you visit. I know I shall return, and dock the Friend Ship in this friendly port.   


Lobster cages by the shore.






1 comment:

  1. A big thank you to the fishermen of Gloucester for doing the hard work. Thanks also to their families for keeping everything running while they're gone. A special blessing to the little pirates of Gloucester for guarding the shores.

    ReplyDelete