Thursday, July 26, 2012

Seven C's


Wikkipedia says "The phrase "Seven Seas" (as in the idiom "sail the Seven Seas") can refer either to a particular set of seven seas or be used as an expression for all the world's oceans in general."

My singer-songwriter friend Ben Sage had another idea - words that begin with the letter C and highlight good values. He was inspired by my Rockin' Ron the Friendly Pirate character (and Captain Kangaroo) and he gave me a song idea. He sent along what would become the chorus and first verse of Seven C's. I changed some words here and there, added an intro and second verse, and I wrote the music. Let's let the lyrics do the talking...


VERSE:
Oh, to be a Friendly Pirate
You must know the Seven C’s
Seven words that we can live by
These seven, if you please

CHORUS:
There’s COURTESY, COMPASSION
And a bit of COURAGE too
With CLEANLINESS (swab), and CLEVERNESS
They’re good for me and you
Plus CHEERFULNESS and CHARITY,
Now that makes Seven C’s
They’ll never fail to help you sail
Through life quite merrily


But, I know how literal kids can be so I included seven bodies of water in the introduction, all of which are refered to as seas. They were chosen mainly for their poetic quality. They are: Caspian, Caribbean, Baltic and North, and, Black, Red and Dead.

So many seas, so little time. Its time for me to sail... SEA U LATER!


No comments:

Post a Comment